Saturday, January 8, 2011

I'm Versatile, I Guess.

Warning: Huge images afoot.


Thanks to AubrieAnne for this award. I'm versatile and I didn't even know it. :)

The rules for this state that I have to answer ten questions and pass this award along to seven subscribers. Well, since I only have five and one of them is Aubrie, I suppose I'll pick just one and let it be a surprise. So here are my queries!

1. Why did you create this blog?

Initially, I thought random blog drifters might be interested in seeing my ideas. That resulted in a single post which showcased terrible art. 2 years later, Aubrie Anne started a blog and made a comment on my unseemly post. Since then, I’ve been using Blogger as a medium for posting my writings, as I feel that I am better at thus than “arting.”

2. What kinds of blogs do you follow?

Aubrie’s, mostly. I also peruse my followers’ blogs, but I don’t go out and look for blogs to follow. My interests are very esoteric and a blog needs a hook for me to bite.

3. What is your favorite food and why?

In high school, I would have said popcorn, particularly the popcorn that my mother makes. Now, I guess it would be chicken, especially when it is in the form of strips. It’s easily accessible at most any restaurant, even Mexican ones. My food variety is very narrow.

4. What is your favorite clothing brand?

I don’t have one. I don’t really shop for clothes. I’ll wear something until it has gaping holes under the arms or in the crotch. Most of what I have has been obtained over the years from gifts, concerts, donations, and very rarely from apparel boutiques.

5. What one personal item do you find indispensable?

There’s a pillow I’ve had since birth that my mother put together. She folded a pillow and sewed a sheet of fabric over it (so that it’s half the size). I’ve been using it ever since and have trouble sleeping with regular pillows.

6. What is your favorite color?

I’m reminded of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I would have to agree with Aubrie and say that it is black. I like dark colors; bright ones make my eyes hurt. Some people argue that black is a shade. I mean, whatever, it’s not important.

7. What is your favorite cologne?

I honestly don’t have much experience with cologne. I’ve had a small plastic bottle of Bod for many years now. I’ve rarely had occasions where I would need it and I feel that it lasts briefly and only makes me feel physically grimy. Maybe it was just that brand? At any rate, it tends to make my face feel hot.

My uncle gifted me a bottle of “Velocity,” which is apparently really expensive. He said to save it for “special occasions,” in my own words.

8. What is your favorite film?

I could name several, so I will (in no particular order): Land of the Dead, Nacho Libre, Day Watch (sequel to Night Watch), Forrest Gump, Kung Fu Hustle, and the entire Back to the Future trilogy.








9. What country would you like to visit and why?

Anywhere outside of the US would be fine with me, especially Europe. America’s boring.

10. Would you rather leave the house without your wallet or your shirt?

I would never not wear a shirt outside of my own bedroom. I am unsightly. I might leave my wallet behind if I weren’t driving, although it’s been instilled upon me that I should always carry it so that I may be identified in the event of some incident.

10 comments:

AubrieAnne said...

HA! You have some great comedy in you when you write about you life. It's great! (and I mean that in the best way. I promise I am not making fun of you. I really have to see those Daywatch films! They sound and look so good. Perhaps when I get Netflix again! Anyway, yes, you are versatile, and you are welcome.

PS> I like that you put "Don't push this button above my follow me if you dare button. I wanted to click on it SO BAD! even though I know where it leads. It's a nice touch.

Matt Dimitroff said...

Thank you so much, haha! I appreciate your interest. Yes, it would be a could idea to consider those films, but make sure, if you rent them, to get the versions that have the choreographed subtitles and not the ones with just the ugly, yellow hearing-impaired subtitles.

I was going for a play on "don't push my buttons," as the idea behind the button is to be serious about following.

DawnZhang said...

Yay you deserve this award! Nice! lol. Its nice knowing about you. And aww the pillow post was so cute. Love it!

Matt Dimitroff said...

Haha, thanks.

shah wharton said...

Hey Matt - get your thinking cap on again - you got more confessions to make - I'm awarding you with the Most Stylish Blog Award - to claim it visit my blog at wordsinsync.blogspot.com and do your duties. ;) Congratulations!!

Shah .X

Matt Dimitroff said...

Well, I don't think it's that stylish, but thanks!

Donna said...

I loved your answers, I've got a pillow I can't live without too so I get that completely! Oddly, I haven't seen most of the movies you noted, so I'll have to check them out. I'm pretty sure I saw Land of the Dead years and years and years go, I'm a sucker for horror flicks.

Congrats on your awards yay! Oh and thanks so much for passing it to me, it made my morning or well, almost afternoon in this case. Thanks again!

Matt Dimitroff said...

You are quite welcome, and thanks!

I'd also like to add that one of my favorites (which I forgot to list) is The Forbidden Kingdom starring Jet Li and Jackie Chan.

I would also recommend seeing Night Watch before seeing Day Watch.

AubrieAnne said...

Question. Do you have to have seen day watch to understand nightwatch? Do you recommend that I see both?

Matt Dimitroff said...

Yes, Day Watch is a direct sequel to Night Watch and as such is a continuation of events from the first.